Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"Just Britney" art show (Jenn)

JAMIE BOLING Snake Charmer oil on canvas
















This is an art show that includes many different artists portraying Britney Spears, and is going on in Hollywood right now. My friend knew that I've been focusing on Hollywood girls for my project, and she sent this to me. The first work I'm posting is a great croch-shot of Britney, in the car with Paris Hilton. The second work is many Chris Crocker ("LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" - look it up on youtube if you haven't seen it) images put together to create an image of Britney's face.
I found this show helpful because I was thinking about different media I could use in addition to painting. The artistic techniques in this show are very diverse, and they also show Britney from many points of view. Some of the works aren't necessarily negative, but more a critical view.
I feel like I might have cheated by picking an entire show, but I couldn't pick just one of these artists for my artist of the week.
The show has a myspace: http://www.myspace.com/just_britneyartshow
I think these can relate to the portraits that Shawn Barber did, especially the Jamie Boling work demonstrates realism, and expression in the work.

No comments: